Tuesday, November 4, 2008

E is for elephant

Today we did the letter E and did a lot with elephants. we did music and movement where they sang elephant songs and made elephant movements. They also made elephant paper bags for their craft, which i couldn't seem to get Landen's to scan so here is a picture of the example from the website. They cut out the elephant and glued it to a lunch size paper bag so they could move the elephant's mouth. Today i was in charge of games and so we played a game where i took the letters in their names and cut them out individually so they would have to spell their name out and learn that only the first letter in their name is a capitol letter. Then we did the old egg and spoon race, ending with making playdough elephants. Review and good-bye! the end of the day!

1 comments:

Tanya said...

So I replied to one of your posts on my blog, but decided I should copy it here so Jen would maybe read part of it. I don't think she's found my blog yet. We talked about it at conference. Anyways here it is:
"Thanks! She's enjoying her new duties. Tell Jen, I know it's hard to deny your inner scrapbooker and post without pictures, but journaling is a key part of your scrapbook page! Start with the journaling and ad the pictures when ever you can get Josh to fix the problem. Ha Ha! I have not read the Twilight series. I am not a huge reader. I don't have much time to squeeze it in. I'm sure I should work on that more, but I haven't gotten there yet. "